Since becoming a mom, I’ve realized that pretty much nothing is in my control any more. I’m a complete control freak though, so most of the time I pretend that I have a say in my every day life.
That being said, these are 5 things that I’ve completely given up trying to have ANY control over.
- No matter how often I sweep or vacuum, there will always be Cheerios or crumbs on my floor.
- No matter how often I tidy, there will always been toys everywhere.
- No matter how often I do laundry or how long I wait before putting on my “nice” clothes, I will always have mysterious debris and food on said clothing.
- Despite my best efforts to get everyone on a schedule and getting myself to bed at a decent time, I will never NOT be tired.
- I will have the theme song of The Wiggles in my head forever and always.
It’s taken me a long time to get to this point you guys but I think after months of fighting, I’m ready to give up the ghost. One day I’ll have nice things again. One day.