I’m 36 weeks in. Between carrying Oliver and carrying this little being inside me, my body is a mess. Not to mention I’m peeing approximately every 2.569 mins or so and I’m exhausted. J is working crazy long hours and I’m often on my own with the little man. This is a bit of a challenge because he JUST started walking so he still requires me to carry him most places (especially if I want to get anywhere on time).
So, for other Momma’s out there experiencing this too, here are some tips of mine for getting through this last little bit.
- ASK FOR HELP – I am very fortunate that my in-laws live with us and can help me out quite a bit. Even just for simple things like lifting him into the crib at bedtime (my belly gets in the way). My FIL will often help us out to the car in the morning as well. However you can get it, take it.
- Encourage activities that require minimal movement on your part – this includes rolling a ball back and forth, reading books, playing with LEGO, puzzles, watching a favourite TV show (UGH THE WIGGLES) etc. Obviously you want to engage in physical activity as well, but sitting on the floor and quietly playing is necessary too.
- Rest when you can – this goes hand in hand with the above, while your little one is playing quietly, take the opportunity to rest. I know my house looks like a freaking bomb went off, but I’m not going to spend the time O is playing on his own, tidying up his toys.
- Do something nice for yourself – get your hair done or your nails painted or whatever it is that makes you feel special. The next few months are going to be a gong show…you may as well feel good about yourself while you can.
- Visit with friends/go on a date with your partner – again, the next few months are going to be insane with very little time for yourself and your partner/friends. If you can do so now, enjoy these last little moments of “freedom”…you know, as much freedom as you can have with a toddler at home.
Any other tips you would add? How did you get through the last little bit?